Thursday 12 February 2009

Dubai Day 6 - Shopping

Even though it's still 23 degrees today, it's very windy (35km/h). So what happens in the desert when it's windy? SAND STORM. At first I thought it's just hazy, but then the taxi driver told me it's a sand storm. You can't see far at all. I wanted to be in the sun today, but it's not pleasant outside, so I went to Festival City Mall for some retail therapy.

I bought some nice black boots on Sale for £16, and some cigarettes to take back to the UK.

This is also where the new 5 star InterContinental Hotel is, adjacent to the 4 star Crown Plaza.


As Thursday in the UAE is like Friday in the Western World (no work tomorrow), tonight we are going for dinner and drinks at Irish Village. Maybe I'll have some more photos to add later.

1 comment:

BILL and RIA said...

Wat 'n pragtige mall! Geniet jou laaste daggie more by Atlantis, dit lyk ongelooflik! Meis